Rantoul Board of Trustees met September 11.
Rantoul Board of Trustees met Sept. 11.
Here is the agenda provided by the Board:
1. Call to Order – Mayor Smith
Invocation - Rev. Albert Bennett, Bible Baptist Church
Pledge of Allegiance
2. A pproval of A genda
3. National Night Out, September 19, 2018 – Nadine Frerichs
5. Swearing in of new Police Officers: Officer Ashley Lyn Butt and Officer Adrian Alberto Gauna
6. Recognition of new Police Officer: Officer Alejandro Carbajal
7. Public Participation
Citizens wishing to address the Village Board with respect to any item of business listed on the agenda or any matter not appearing on the agenda are asked to complete a public participation form and submit it to the Village Clerk prior to the meeting. Comments will be limited to three minutes for each item.
Section A – Consent Agenda
8. Approval of Consent Agenda by Omnibus Vote
All items under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted by a single motion and subsequent roll call vote. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a VillageBoard member so requests, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered as the first item after approval of the Consent Agenda.
(A) Approval of Minutes, Regular Study Session, August 7, 2018
(B) Approval of Minutes, Special Board Meeting, August 7, 2018
(C) Approval of Minutes, Regular Board Meeting, August 14, 2018
(D) Approval of Minutes, Special Board Meeting, August 28, 2018
(E) Affirm appointment of Jennifer T ucker to the Citizen’s Advisory Committee for a term to expire in 2022
(F) Pass Resolution No. 9-18-1262, A Resolution Determining Whether The Need For Confidentiality Still Exists Or Is No Longer Required As To All Or Part Of Minutes Of All Confidential Closed Meetings
(G) PassResolution No.9-18-1263,A Resolutionauthorizingthe Destructionofclosedminutetapes
Note: All minutes are drafts until approved at the September 11, 2018 Board Meeting. The Village is required to post the approved minutes on their web site within 30 days of approval.
9. Approval of Any Items Removed from Consent Agenda
Section B – Consideration of Bids, Contracts & Other Expenditures
10. Motion to approve Bills and Monthly Financial Reports
11. Motion to authorize and approve revised agreement with RTAG/CCRPC/CUMTD for Eagle Express Transportation Service
12. Motion to authorize and approve purchase of Street & System Division 2019 Ford 250 Truck from Shields Auto Group - $31,275.00
Section C – Consideration of Ordinances & Resolutions
13. Motion to pass Ordinance No. 2582, An Ordinance Supplementing And Amending Sections 40-446 And 40-453 Of Article Vii Of Chapter 40 Of The Rantoul Code
14. Motion to pass Ordinance No. 2585, An Ordinance Amending The Annual Budget (General and Central Maintenance Funds)
15. Motion to pass Ordinance No. 2586, An Ordinance Supplementing And Amending Sections 4-63, 4-64, 4-65 And 4-68 Of Article Iii Of Chapter 4 Of The Rantoul Code
16. Motion to pass Ordinance No. 2587, An Ordinance Amending The Pay Plan In Connection With Village Clerk Certification Pay
17. Motion to pass Ordinance No. 2588, An Ordinance Authorizing And Approvinganamendmenttoa Contractforthesaleofrealestate, Second Amended And Restated Owned By The Village Of Rantoul, Illinois (735, 801 and 909 Pacesetter Drive and 1 Aviation Center Drive)
18. Motion to pass Resolution No. 9-18-1264, A Resolution For Maintenance Of Streets And Highways By Municipality Under The Illinois Highway Code
Section D – New Business
Discussion of any items of new business not listed upon the formal agenda. No formal action will be taken on these items during this proceeding.
Section E – Public Announcements
19. Petitions for April 2019 Municipal Elections are available on September 18 at the Village Clerk’s office, 117 E. Sangamon Avenue
Section F – Adjournment
20. Motion to enter into closed session pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2 (C) 16, for self-evaluation, practices or procedures or professional ethics, when meeting with a representative of a statewide association of which the public body is a member
Motion to enter into closed session pursuant to 5 ILCS 120/2 (C) 1, to consider the employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of an employee
21. Motion to Adjourn