Bement Community Unit School District 5 Board of Education met January 10.
Bement Community Unit School District 5 Board of Education met Jan. 10.
Here is the agenda provided by the Board:
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Adjourn to closed session to consider Student A discipline.
4. Return to open session.
5. Official action on Student A discipline.
6. Adjourn to closed session to consider Student A discipline.
7. Return to open session.
8. Official action on recommendation of Student A discipline.
9. Reports to the board.
A. Middle/high school principal’s report.
B. Elementary school principal’s report.
C. Superintendent’s report.
1. First reading of proposed updates and amendments to the Bement CUSD 5 School Board Policy.
10. Approve the:
A. December 13, 2017 regular board meeting open session minutes.
11. Approve payment of the bills.
12. Review treasurer’s report.
13. Comments from the audience.
14. Adjourn to executive session to discuss the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, dismissal of specific employees and student disciplinary cases.
15. Return to open session.
16. Action items:
A. Official action on the employment of a full-time custodian.
B. Official action on the movement of the Chromebook donations from the activity fund to the education fund.
C. Official action on the resignation of Debbie Shonkwiler.