Champaign County Zoning Board of Appeals will meet October 12.
Champaign County Zoning Board of Appeals will meet Oct. 12.
Here is the agenda provided by the Board:
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call and Declaration of Quorum
4. Approval of Minutes: August 3, 2017 and August 17, 2017
5. Continued Public Hearings
Case 685-AT-11 Petitioner: Zoning Administrator
Amend the Champaign County Zoning Ordinance by revising Section 6.1 by adding standard conditions required for any County Board approved special use permit for a Rural Residential Development in the Rural Residential Overlay district as follows:
(1) Require that each proposed residential lot shall have an area equal to the minimum required lot area in the zoning district that is not in the Special Flood Hazard Area;
(2) Require a new public street to serve the proposed lots in any proposed RRO with more than two proposed lots that are each less than five acres in area or any RRO that does not comply with the standard condition for minimum driveway separation;
(3) Require a minimum driveway separation between driveways in the same development;
(4) Require minimum driveway standards for any residential lot on which a dwelling may be more than 140 feet from a public street;
(5) Require for any proposed residential lot not served by a public water supply system and that is located in an area of limited groundwater availability or over a shallow sand and gravel aquifer other than the Mahomet Aquifer, that the petitioner shall conduct groundwater investigations and contract the services of the Illinois State Water Survey (ISWS) to conduct or provide a review of the results; (
6) Require for any proposed RRO in a high probability area as defined in the Illinois State Historical Preservation Agency (ISHPA) about the proposed RRO development undertaking and provide a copy of the ISHPA response;
(7) Require that for any proposed RRO that the petitioner shall contact the Endangered Species Program of the Illinois Department of Natural Resources and provide a copy of the agency response.
Case 873-AT-17 Petitioner: Champaign County Zoning Administrator
Request: Amend the Champaign County Zoning Ordinance as follows:
Part A: Amend Sections 7.1.1 and 7.1.2 to require a Special Use Permit for any Neighborhood Home Occupation or Rural Home Occupation that exceeds and/or does not meet the other requirements of Section 7.1.1 or Section 7.1.2 provided that the Home Occupation is not a prohibited Home Occupation under paragraph 7.1.1.I or 7.1.2.J. and specify that the residential use shall remain the principal use on the property, and the dwelling on the subject property shall remain the principal building.
Part B: Amend Section 7.1.1 to authorize “minor auto repair” as a Neighborhood Home Occupation subject to a Special Use Permit when located more than 1.5 miles from a municipality that prohibits “minor auto repair” as a home occupation and subject to several standard conditions including but not limited to a condition that the minor auto repair shall be conducted inside a building and a condition that the total building area occupied by the minor auto repair shall not exceed 1,500 square feet or more than 150% of the dwelling unit area, whichever is greater.
6. New Public Hearings
Case 884-AM-17 Petitioner: Kimberly Young, d.b.a. Quick Leasing Inc.
Request: Amend the Zoning Map to change the zoning district designation from the I-1 Light Industry Zoning District to the B-4 General Business District to allow expansion of an existing diesel truck maintenance facility with truck sales.
Location: A proposed 2.99-acre parcel in the Northeast Quarter of the Northwest Quarter of Section 24, Township 20N, Range 8E in Hensley Township and commonly known as the proposed expansion site for Rush Truck Center Champaign, 309 West Hensley Road, Champaign.
7. Staff Report
8. Other Business
A. Review of Docket
9. Audience Participation with respect to matters other than cases pending before the Board