Village of Rantoul Board of Trustees met Nov. 5.
Here is the minutes provided by the board:
A regular Study Session of the Board of Trustees of the Village of Rantoul was held at 6:00 P.M. Mayor Smith called the proceeding to order.
The Village Clerk called the roll, finding the following members physically present:
Mayor Smith, Trustees Hall, Gamel, Wilkerson, Wilson, Johnson, & Workman – 7.
The following representatives of Village Departments were also present: Scott Eisenhauer, Administrator; Pat Chamberlin, Comptroller; Tony Brown, Chief of Police; Ken Waters, Fire Chief; Luke Humphrey, Recreation Department Director; Jake McCoy Assistant Director of Public Works; Ken Turner, Community Development; Chris Millikin, Urban Planner; Ken Beth, Village Attorney; Amanda Reiss, Attorney and Mike Graham Clerk.
Trustee Hall moved to approve the Agenda and Trustee Wilkerson seconded the motion. The Clerk Called the roll and the Motion carried 6 – 0.
Alyx McFresh, Champaign-Urbana Public Health District presented a factual summary of the Public Health hazards of Vaping.
Jane DeLuce, Visit Champaign County made her annual presentation to the Rantoul Village Board about the activities of the Visit Champaign County Organization and the future goal of Visit Champaign County.
Loise Haines spoke about the derogatory comments about her business building (The Hewerdine Building) contained in a recent Micro Loan Application and her displeasure with being compared to the Hallmark Building in down town Rantoul.
Items from the Mayor
Appointment of Kevin Modglin to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
Items from Trustees
Items from the Clerk
• Minutes of Regular Study Session, October 1, 2019.
• Minutes from Regular Board Meeting, October 8, 2019.
Items from the Administrator
• Ordinance No. 2631 prohibiting Cannabis business establishments.
• Land purchase.
• Exchange of Real Property.
• Update on the Rantoul Village vacant lot Ordinance.
• Recommendation on Micro Loan request form Civil Banshee - $40,000.
• Recommendation to change Pentecostal Church request from an EDA Loan to a Micro Loan Program.
“NOTE FROM RANTOUL VILLAGE CLERK, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED BELOW ALL OF THE AGENDA ITEMS WILL BE TAKEN TO THE REGULAR VILLAGE BOARD MEETING, TUESDAY, November 12, 2019.”
• Purchase of Chlorine from Spear Corporation - $24,087.00.
• Resolution No. 11-19-1295 for Tax Levy.
• Ordinance No. 2624 Tax Levy.
• Ordinance No. 2625 Abating Taxes on General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2012A.
• Ordinance No. 2526 Abating Taxes on General Obligation Bonds, Series 2013A.
• Ordinance No. 2527 Abating Taxes on General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2015.
• Ordinance No. 2528 Abating Taxes on General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2016.
• Ordinance No. 2529 Abating Taxes on General Obligation Bonds, Series 2017.
• Ordinance No. 2530 Abating Taxes on General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2019.
• Approval of Bills and Monthly Financial Reports.
• MFT Resolution 11-19-1291 – 2020 annual Street Maintenance - $225,000.00.
• MFT Resolution No. 11-19-1292 – Final Phase I of Shared Use Path - $21,000.00
• MFT Resolution No. 11-19-1293 – Supplemental for the Clark Street Resurfacing Project - $6,485.75.
• Purchase of bulk road salt through the Illinois Department of Central Management Services - $42,037.50.
• Purchase of electric equipment to support load growth at Rantoul Food - $116,392.30.
• Engineering Services Agreement with Reifsteck Reid for design of roof replacements at four Public Work facilities -$97,300.00
• Resolution No. 11-19-1294 for USEPA Brownfield Assessment Grant Submittal.
Adjournment: There being no further business to come before the Board, Mayor Smith declared the proceeding adjourned.
MEETING ADJOURNED AT 8:00 P.M