City of Monticello issued the following announcement on Jan. 4.
QUALIFICATIONS: A knowledge of accounting principles for the handling of funds and office records; office management skills; filing skills; knowledge of Microsoft Word, EXCEL, and QuickBooks. In addition, the successful applicant must be skilled at interpersonal relationships and communication with adults and children. The applicant must be compassionate and understanding of young children along with being a take-charge type of person who can assist the school principal. The qualified applicant must have a commitment to Christian education, godly character, and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
REPORTS TO: The school principal and MCA School Board on matters determined by the Board.
6:45 AM - 3:00 PM
Monday - Friday
(Reduced hours in summer months.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform daily record-keeping in an accurate and orderly manner, i.e. attendance and tardiness of students, permanent and temporary records of students, making deposits and reporting records to the School Board, etc.
2. Prepare and submit bi-monthly and monthly reports to the Board of Education (when necessary), i.e. time sheets, accounts payable, deposits, substitute teacher reports, etc.
3. File material, data, and records in an orderly and standard way both electronically and physically (i.e. filing cabinet, filing system, etc.).
4. Distribute and sort mail to staff.
5. Assist the principal in scheduling of appointments.
6. Inventory incoming materials and equipment and route same to proper staff.
7. Take lead responsibility in preparing Monticello Christian Academy for school registration.
8. Prepare and type purchase orders after the approval of the principal.
9. Maintain reports to the MCA office in a timely manner and confirm to the MCA School Board's procedures.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the principal, Board of Education, etc.
11. Maintain an office that is open and receptive to the public, parents, and students.
12. Respond to the needs of students who seek or need the assistance of staff.
13. Maintain a child-oriented demeanor and exhibit personable communication with child and adults at all times.
14. Maintain strict confidence with school matters of any sort.
15. Coordinate Before School Care program
Original source can be found here.
Source: City of Monticello