Village of Belgium Board met January 8.
Village of Belgium Board met January 8.
Here is the minutes provided by the Board:
1. Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Village President, Vickie Boehnlein.
a. Roll Call of Officers: Officers present were: Village President, Vickie Boehnlein, Trustees, Clem Gottsacker, Gail Kowalkowski, and Rose Sauers. Trustee Josh Borden was excused. Also in attendance was Village Clerk, Julie Lesar, DPW Superintendent, Daniel Birenbaum, and Wastewater Superintendent Paul Bley
2. Silence all Cell Phones
3. Open Meeting Laws Compliance Check: this meeting is in compliance with open Meetings Law of the State of Wisconsin.
4. Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag, Moment of Silence: All in attendance stood for the Pledge of Allegiance and a moment of silence.
5.. Public Input (2 minutes per Person, total of 10 minutes): Resident, Larry Folz voiced concerns of the bicycle lane on the new section of Main Street. Boehnlein explained that the cost of the project is shared with the county. By putting in the bicycle lane, additional state and federal funding was received to reduce the cost of the project. Resident Jeff Thiel voiced frustration of his property assessment. He has contacted Grota Appraisals and is waiting for a response from them.
6. Consent Agenda Items (items a-c): A motion was made by Boehnlein and seconded by Gottsacker to approve the consent agenda items (6a -6c). Ayes - Boehnlein, Gottsacker, Kowalkowski, and Sauers, Noes – none, Abstain – none. Motion carried.
a. Approve minutes:
i. Village Board Meeting, December 11, 2017
ii. Special Village Board Meeting, January 3, 2018
i. Approve Payment of Bills
ii. Approve renewal to Ozaukee County Tourism Council (OCTC), ($100 budgeted)
c. Reports – acceptance of December reports
i. Belgium Area Chamber of Commerce Tourism Report – report included
ii. Ozaukee County Sherriff’s Report – report included
iii. Fire Chief’s report – report included
iv. Staff Reports
1. Clerk – report included
2. Treasurer – report included
3. Administrative Assistant – report included
4. DPW/Water Superintendent – report included
5. Wastewater Superintendent – report included
6. Village Marshal – report included
7. Building Inspector – no report
v. Committee Reports
1. Village President – no report submitted
2. Finance & Personnel – no report submitted
3. Public Safety – no report submitted
4. Public Service – no report submitted
5. Public Works – no report submitted
6. Parks, Recreation, & Forestry – no report submitted
7. Public Utilities – no report submitted
7. Unfinished Business:
a. Approve Resolution 2-18 property tax refund of 2017 taxes due to over-assessment of property located at 409 Aspen Street: Boehnlein introduced Resolution 2-18. Gottsacker made a motion to approve Resolution 2-18 property tax refund of 2017 taxes due to over-assessment of property located at 409 Aspen Street. Motion was seconded by Sauers. Ayes – Boehnlein, Gottsacker, Kowalkowski, and Sauers; Noes – none; Abstain – none. Motion carried.
8. New Business:
a. Discussion and approval of hardware support plan for Village server: The board reviewed the quote for a two year service agreement provided by Dell at a cost of $943.29. The server is due for replacement in 2019 or 2020. The committee agreed to budget for the replacement in 2020. Kowalkowski made a motion to approve the two-year service agreement. Motion was seconded by Sauers. Ayes – Boehnlein, Gottsacker, Kowalkowski, and Sauers; Noes – none; Abstain – none. Motion carried.
b. Per Public Safety’s recommendation review and discuss possible options and appoint Village representative to Ozaukee County Hazard Mitigation Local Planning Team: Kowalkowski explained that the Public Safety committee discussed the request and determined that a representative from the DPW and or Fire Department would best serve on this committee. Birenbaum added that the Fire Department also received an invitation to this committee. Kowalkowski made a motion to approve appointing a representative from DPW to serve on this committee. Motion was seconded by Boehnlein. Ayes – Boehnlein, Gottsacker, Kowalkowski, and Sauers; Noes – none; Abstain – none. Motion carried.
9. Motion to Adjourn: Gottsacker made a motion to adjourn at 7:25 pm. Motion was seconded by Sauers. Ayes – Boehnlein, Gottsacker, Kowalkowski, and Sauers, Noes – none, Abstain – none. Motion carried