Pesotum Board of Trustees approves payment of monthly bills
Pesotum Board of Trustees met Wednesday, Feb. 1.
Here are the minutes as provided by Pesotum:
1. Call to Order - The meeting was called to order at 6:30 pm.
2. Pledge of Allegiance and Roll Call – Trustees present were Beth Wise, Katie Wilson, Chaz McCrone, Tim Schultz, Joyce Ragle and Dianne Reed. Also present was President Cheryl Smitley, Attorney Elizabeth Megli, Treasurer Melanie Schultz, and Clerk Mary Jo Harvey.
3. Presentations/Comments from the General Public - None
4. Routine Matters
4.1. Approval of Regular Board Meeting Minutes of January 4, 2017 – Trustee Reed motioned to approve the regular board meeting minutes. Trustee Wilson seconded. Motion approved unanimously.
4.2. Approval of Treasurer’s Report for the Month Ended January 31, 2017 – Trustee Wilson motioned to approve the Treasurer’s Report. Trustee Schultz seconded. Motion approved unanimously.
4.3. Bill Payment
4.3.1. Approval of Monthly Bills for Payment – Trustee Wise moved to approve the monthly bills for payment. Trustee Reed seconded. Motion approved unanimously.
4.3.2. Approval of Bills Received after Treasurer’s Report Preparation – No bills were presented for payment.
5.1. Village Clerk, Mary Jo Harvey - Clerk Harvey reminded Trustees to file the Statement of Economic Interest, if they had not done so. Harvey reported that both Clerk Harvey and President Smitley, board-designated representatives, completed the annual FOIA and OMA training as required, and encouraged current board members to take the training online for their information. All incoming trustees and new trustees must also take the training one time. A local training for clerks will be hosted in Champaign by the Central Illinois Municipal Clerks Organization in June, and should be considered in the FY 2017-2018 budget. In addition, Illinois non-home rule municipalities have a new requirement to pass by resolution or ordinance regulations regarding travel expenses. This may be discussed at the next study session. Clerk Harvey submitted a letter of resignation from her appointed position of Village Clerk.
5.2. Village Maintenance, Fred Smitley – Mr. Smitley discovered a leak in the community room ceiling and has requested an estimate for repairs.
5.3. Village Building Inspector, Lyle Reed – No permits were issued this month. Mr. Reed has answered questions regarding the electric code.
5.4. ESDA Coordinator, Rob Russian – Not present. No report.
6. Old Business
6.1. Garage Sale Dates Announcement –Dates for community sales are May 12 and 13.
6.2. Clean-Up Dates Announcement – The date for community clean-up day is Saturday,
May 20. Three trash dumpsters and one recycle bin will be provided by the Village.
7. Presentations/Comments from the Board – none
8. Correspondence - President Smitley shared that she received this month a few citizen thank you notes expressing thanks and appreciation to the Maintenance Department for their above and beyond service.
10.1 Next Village Board Meeting, Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 6:30 pm
10.2 Next Study Session, Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 6:30 pm
10. Adjournment - Trustee Wilson motioned to adjourn the meeting. Trustee Wise seconded.
Meeting adjourned at 6:44 pm.
Organizations in this Story
103 East Lincoln Street
Pesotum, IL 61863